Here are 10 interesting Dead Sea Facts to help you know more about the origins of C-Products.
The Dead Sea isn’t a sea, far from it. It’s actually a big salt lake bordering Jordan to the east and Palestine to the west. It is also the lowest place on earth its surface and shores being 423 meters below sea level.
- There is no marine life in the Dead Sea. The high mineral and salt content of the waters make it impossible for fish or plants to live.
- Cleopatra loved the Dead Sea so much, she ordered that cosmetic factories and resorts be built along its shores.
- The climate of the Dead Sea region is sunny, warm and dry all year round.
- You can lay on the surface of the water without even trying to float. The high salt content makes you buoyant.
- The Dead Sea is 67 kilometres (42 mi) long and 18 kilometres (11 mi) wide at its widest point.
- Dead Sea salt is super bitter and not at all like table salt.
- The minerals in the Dead Sea all naturally occur within our bodies.
- Aristotle wrote about the Dead Sea in his writings.
- The Dead Sea is 3 million years old.
- Potassium, manufactured from the Dead Sea, is the chief fertilizer enabling agricultural growth in many countries around the world, including third world countries.